- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Android code-level security auditing or Android system security.
- 5 years of experience managing a team of security engineering professionals for a distributed organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Skill in recruiting and managing a team of experienced engineers on large scale projects.
About the job
There’s no such thing as a “safe system” – only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google’s users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You are a recognized expert in at least two security domains and use your leadership skills to manage a team that sets the direction and goals for solving Google-wide problems. You identify fundamental security problems at Google and drives major security improvements in Google infrastructure…Read more>>